“Just as there is growing awareness of environmental issues, so there
needs to be more awareness of our inner environment. This is actually the most important issue.” – Lama Zopa Rinpoche
Hello and Welcome!
My blog will concern different topics of interest to all!
(with an emphasis on Well-Being and Exercise)
I am a Fitness Coach and Personal Trainer and reside in the Mountains of Santa Cruz…
I would like to share the following Chinese 9 Treasure Exercises with you and hope that you will
include them in your daily routine! ( You may even perform these in front of your desk!)
1. Standing: Begin with small heel kicks toward the butt- you may do these anytime to shake out the legs.
2. Hip Circles: start with small hip circles w hands behind on kidneys; I have done these with client for many
year and just found out that they are ONE of the 9 Treasure Exercises!
3.Then make LARGER hip circles with wider legs and hands on hip bones.
4. Neck Circles and roll the eyeballs too!
5. Shoulder Circles- one at a time- both directions.
6. Elbow circles
7. Knee Circling: feet together ; both directions.
8. Tea Pot Stretch : with one foot tipped up , tilt forehead toward toe. The other foot is solidly on the floor.
9. Happy Buddha Stretch: Arms rounded overhead palmsup ; Look up- smile!